Friday, June 15, 2012

Show. Don't Tell.

Dear Twitter,


The memories we had will forever be in my timeline that I just deactivated. Sincerely, I'll miss you. I will miss how we accompany each other through many sleepless nights. When I just want to blab about something, or just want to have some of my favorite lines record on history or whine about my schedule or simply putting to  a 170-character all that is on my mind, I know I can rely on you. And thank you for the wonderful pictures I get to share to the world through you. Thank you for keeping up with me when I don't have internet and can't update you from time to time.  
Few days ago, I was listening to Jim Paredes' bubble about how time flies by so fast
http://bubbly.net/v/86fcff7b-2eff-4017-9d67-82fb6b021596  and I was reading this book entitled The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and it just came to me that, yes, I spend almost all my free time checking you, or stalking people who doesn't even know me. Most often, instead of resting my eyes for a tiring day at work, I usually do spend at least an hour for you. And I usually end up envious, which is not a really good sign to life, because these people are so beautiful, and they're living the lives they have always wanted. That's what my life is since I've known you and this crazy virtual world.
 It came to me that I've not been living the life I ought to live. This sounds pretty cheesy for you but I know I made few great friends good enough to last a lifetime. I want to show them the world instead of just telling it to them. I want to meet them in person, have dinner with them, have a crazy night with these remarkable people I missed so much and talk about anything, catch up where we left off without using the keyboard. I want to be secure of myself, to appreciate my life with what I have instead of whining on what I do not have. I do not want to one day, say that 'if only I have the time to spend with them...' Now is the TIME. I better start before it's too late; even this means I have to say goodbye to you. For how long, I do not know. 
Continue to help people, your job for me is through. Adios, little bird. Find another tree to nestle in. :)


Sincerely,
Mae







No comments:

Post a Comment