Enchanted Kingdom, Phil July 2011
I spent my childhood in Rizal, Nueva Ecija and attended my lower elementary days in a public school in that little town. There was this plaza across our school and every March (which is as we know, the near end of classes), there was this cheap amusement or what we can "peryahan" to mark the start the month-long celebration of the town's fiesta. Every night, people gather to the plaza to play Bingo with prices ranging from plates to plastic wares to some petty cash---the old ones favorite since they all knew how to play it and it didn't require much strength and Balloon Dart, where every balloon popped using a dart (as the game suggests), is equal to a gift which is my second favorite. I usually went home with a bag of junk food or two with this game. There was this game called the Color Dice where you put a bet on 6 different colors and 3 dices of colors will be rolled when you pull the yarn. The colors that will appear as the dices landed the plane wins 100 percent of their bet. My 4-peso investment will grow up to 16 pesos! I was usually the only girl in a group of boys in this betting game and mind you, I was even the one holding the yarn and I'd pull it at my convenience! There were rides that I would never forget. The silly (right now, at my age) Horror train that I hopped on with my cousins. I never could have describe the horror in that except that I know it was totally dark and everyone was screaming because I didn't open my eyes the whole time we were inside that "dungeon". The Ferris wheel was also a tough one for me because I was afraid of heights until today. The classic Caterpillar which most of the families ride together. Bibingka and Tupig were our favorite to munch on before we head home with dusty feet and slippers. But it was FUN. And more importantly, I we went home HAPPY. There's something about amusement parks where I feel I am at my happiest. I would always want to to back and I think I would never get tired of enjoying the simple pleasures of feeling like a kid again. It's partly because of the rides and the I entertaining shows but more to that, it's the place where I can be as carefree as I can be and people are as careless as I am. How about you, what's your happy memory?:)
xoxo Mae |
No comments:
Post a Comment