Monday, July 2, 2012

THE DAYS ARE LONG AND THE YEARS ARE SHORT

What are the things that make you happy? 


This is one question I asked of my friends whenever they feel down or depressed or, simply unhappy.  Of course, we have big things in mind. I, for one, have this dream of owning a car, or venturing in a business, seeing my savings account have a lump of moolah for the rainy days in a year or two. Yes, going international--- these would definitely make me happy. Because with that dreams are resolutions fulfilled.  But these things will also mean a lot of fleeting unhappy moments for me because that means less shopping, less travel, and less everything. So I want to keep record of the things that would make me happy, without feeling guilty about it later. This means little things, things that I failed to recognize in my everyday life because I am busy going though it. I want to remember these things so whenever I feel sad about not achieving the 'big' things, I would realize that 'small' things could also pave way to my happiness. And actually, it's almost the same happiness. Almost. :)
I have these things in mind but I'm still planning to update it everytime I experience happiness in my everyday.  I encourage everyone to keep track of your own 'little' happiness, too. :)


- watching the sunrise/sunset
-showing up on special occasions
-when someone surprises me with food when I'm really hungry
-when I paint my nails and it dries up flawlessly
-when I sing in the shower, or just anywhere
- when I make it to the office 20 minutes before sign in time since I am known to be always 'on-the-dot'
-when aircraft arrives on time or ahead of time is happier
-whenever I cook
-and have someone appreciate it would be happier
-when I do someone's make up 
-and she loves it would be happier
-when I publish a post on my blog
-when someone I've met remembers my name
-when I take a good picture
-when I love my new hair color
-when I get a free ride
-when my friends buys my stuff! haha




Aside from the 'little' happiness, they say that unhappy people lacks three things:
-Something to do
-Someone to love
-Something to look forward to
And if you have these 3 things, it will be very hard for you to be miserable. :) I don't want to sulk into loneliness just because I am lacking on the second.So until he comes, I will be busy with 1 & 3. Also, I wouldn't want to waste a day not doing anything. "The days are long and the years are short.", as Gretchen Rubin puts it. Sure, I want to have days where I can just lounge around my bed and do nothing but every day is a chance to learn a new thing. So, I have this list of things I want to do. I hope I get to that one day. :)


-learn the windows moviemaker
-learn a new language
-learn how to drive
-to sign up in a make up class ( but I need to have a complete make up brush set first)
-read a book a month
-to go an a trip alone
-to tour ilocos-cagayan valley-batanes
-to tour saigon-cambodia-bangkok
-to religiously exercise


I hope everyone would see that happiness is just around the corner. Sabi nga sa Coke commercial, "ipinanganak ka para maging maligaya." 















No comments:

Post a Comment