Saturday, November 17, 2012

DARING PINATUBO

They say that there are 2 ways to get to know someone: live in together or travel together. Though I think, the former isn't on my mind, the latter makes me feel alive in the truest sense. May it be a local trip or country hopping, the feeling of travelling together strenghtens the bond between people. Getting to know someone, particularly with this trip, will definitely tear down all first impressions you have of each other, and build new perceptions with regards to their culture and him/her as an individual. I have met someone some two years back during our first out of the country trip in Singapore. It was the first time I made friends with a local and two years after, here he is, in my country, sharing this particular uphill task with (literally and figuratively)! I definitely agree that there's nothing more beautiful seeing new places than with someone who's roots grew in it.

For Php2,000 it was literally a long day for all the participants because we had a very early meet up at 230 am. We signed up with tripinas travel agency who took care of everything except that we have to buy food and water for ourselves. After the briefing, we departed Manila at 3am and made it at the basecamp before 6am. 4x4 rides were available 20 mins after and we shared the hour drive with a Taiwanese Professor and a Filipino couple, about to get married. We were seeing the sun rise on our way to the where the trek would start. I wanted sunrise so bad I couldn't fall asleep even if I never slept the night before because I couldn't just miss it for the world! Did I say how much I love mornings?

The walk, the three-hour walk, was, i should say, the biggest physical challenge I had so far in my whole life. It was drizzling when we started and the road was never ending. We had to cross some streams and I have my ever dependable Sanuks to take care of my feet. By the way, I think everyone should own a pair of Sanuk. Try signing up to this trip and you'll know that even the most comfy 200$ shoes is no match to it! The challenge was to keep moving, because if you keep complaining about getting tired, and stop the walk, it will cripple your team. Well, I did have a lot of complaining myself but I'm a natural multitasker so I did it while continuing the journey that had, as I noticed, toned my legs! I think this is activity is a good natural exercise for legs. Close your eyes and imagine walking for 5 hours. What do you see your legs would become? Have you imagined it? Yes, that's it. Take note that the toned leg muscles go together with tired feet and muscle pain. :) But you have someone to share them too, so I sure that's the least you'd think about.

We arrived at the crater lake around 1030 and everything happened so fast! We went for some swim on the lake and had our lunch and had to leave at 12 noon when Mr. Sun says he's the king of the world. Of course everyone dreaded to go back. Well, actually, just the thought of what we'd have to go through again dread everyone. But we have to keep moving. We were back at the base camp around 330pm. I would have wanted to tell you the experience of going to an Aeta Village but we all missed it because we dozed off in the 4x4 expelling all the Lahar dust and the rough road and probably once in a lifetime experience of seeing one of the native tribes of the Philippines! In the basecamp, we had our chance to clean ourselves but we chose to have some bbq instead. We were back to Manila, around 6pm, a little early than the supposed 7pm arrival.

Sharing some of my favorite photos I took during our Pinatubo tour! Totally worth the 3hour drive from Manila, 1hour 4x4 ride, and the 3 hour trek to see the majestic crater lake! I felt like all the exhaution gone in an instant and I was refueled witnessing this rare beauty of nature! It's this kind of trip that you'd always be proud of yourself, accomplishing something you never thought you could do. I would definitely recommend this thip to everyone but personally not doing it again. It's like doing the most daring thing during a truth or dare situation. You'd brave doing it, probably would not believe yourself really have done it but definitely not again, ever. :)
The majestic Pinatubo crater lake
Our team :D Gen, Diana, Professor X, Roy, Me 
Here comes the sun :)
On a boat ride going to the other side of the lake. Beautiful view.
There were a total of 60 4x4 going to the Crater that day, 5 people in every 4x4. Do the Math.
I felt like I was time traveled trying to find the Ibong Adarna with this view

That' was where we're swimming, on the other side. But the view from here is stunning
I'm so happy you came to visit Philippines :)
 Now who's looking for an adventure? haha
One of the greatest thing about life is finding someone to share it with.
Roy: We should give the boatman some tip. Look how he paddles, he must be really tired.  After giving the boatman, P300 tip.. BOATMAN: *poker face

Happy tired
I never knew how kind hearted you are until this trip. :D I'm never gonna forget you 'cause you made me walk that loongggg!!!! Thanks for the awesome weekend, Roy! Come back to Manila anytime!







No comments:

Post a Comment