Lack of sleep didn't hinder me from going to this year's A Weekend of Everything That Flies, an International Hot Air Balloon Festival hosted by the Philippines and held at Freeport Zone in Clark Pampanga. It was a 3-day Festival held last February 21-23. We went there on the last day and I I wish we could have gotten to the location earlier so we could have watched the balloon being inflated, which is everyone's favorite time since it could be a good backdrop for a Profile picture. We departed Manila and went for an hour and a half drive to Pampanga around 4 which is quite late if you want to see the balloon before they try to reach the clouds. Cars and people were everywhere, and that means traffic which we anticipated, that was why arrived at the place at almost 7 (Which was quite late already). There, we met with my friend Tin and her siblings who were there at 4am and saved a great spot for the viewing (and yes, they brought a tent which was awesome because I like picnics). Around 830, the much anticipated Breitling Airshow was up. Oh boy, I was speechless. There are a lot of moments that I found myself with my mouth open! Given that I work for an airline gives me the idea how it not a joke, in fact, very ridiculous to fly planes, close to each other, make a 360-degree turn through the skies and the planes themselves!!! I AM IN AWE. I even felt, at that moment, beyond that. Awesome, awesome show! Everything we have done to get there was all worth it!!! We were supposed to wait for the balloon comeback at around before lunchtime but the heat was suffocating so after the show, off we went to have brunch and so some grocery shopping in Clark Commercial Zone where you can find the cheapest imported grocery items at Puregold Duty Free Supermarket! We missed out, however, on the booths because we didn't come back after lunch so we could go home and rest early since we have early morning work the following day.
I have always loved long drives and unexpectedly good shows like the Breitling Show. I think I could never get over that. Ever. Anyway, here are some photos I have taken using my IPhone. This makes me nostalgic of my deeply loved Nikon. How could it miss moments like that? :(
Thanks to Tish, Chi, Tin and Dave who attended to us like a Kuya!! Hahah Till next time!



















No comments:
Post a Comment